Here is some of sprinkler irrigation tips you can apply in your garden and lawn.
- Some types of grass need more or less water than others. Adding or decreasing one minute from the watering cycle will change the amount of water you use by 25%.
- Water between 1:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. It is more efficient to water in the early morning hours as there is less evaporation.
- Avoid watering when it is windy or when it is raining. Your irrigation system should be installed with a rain sensor so that when it rains, the irrigation system will not run.
- Set your irrigation controller to water the grass on a separate schedule from your landscaping/plantings.
- Unless you have a maintenance contract, observe the sprinkler system at least once a month. You want to look for sprinkler heads that are not rotating, water that is spraying onto the sidewalk/street, puddling and water runoff. If you observe any of these things, make a service call your irrigation contractor.